The Goalbit media player, is free software based on the VLC media player and is, therefore, released under the GNU General Public License. It mainly provides the capability of streaming in the P2P Goalbit protocol, a protocol based on BitTorrent.
- Reading from various video sources
- Transcoding a video stream
- Mozilla and ActiveX plugin
- Live broadcasting yourself, which consists of capturing from a video source and sending the Goalbit chunks generated, with transcoding capabilities available
- Play and record GoalBit video streams.
GoalBit Media Player is currently at Version 0.7.7
Some Antivirus software have been detecting several releases of VLC and GoalBit containing virus.
This is a false positive for any of the cases. We have personally contacted every Antivirus software and reported this issue, and therefore reducing the false positives from 16 to 4. We are still working for reducing them to zero, but some Antivirus companies don't provide false positive reporting methods, or have to be reported of each new Goalbit version. Read VLC's forum about it.